9.20.2006

An Ode to Montana

O, Montana, fair land of...something,
I don't really know what you're about,
but who does, I guess.
I think you have some mountains,
Maybe on your western side;
I assume that's what makes the border
Between you and Idaho.
How is Idaho, by the way?
I remember that I used to think
Mt. St. Helens was part of your land
Because your capital is Helena,
But now I realize I was mistaken,
Though I would probably like you more
If you had some volcanoes.
I don't even know where Helena is,
Come to think of it,
But I'm not that surprised.
I wonder if anybody lives there.
I just looked it up: 25 thousand.
There are more people in Richfield,
But there might be fewer in Wyoming.
I'll give you that, Montana.
You're better than Wyoming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer Wyoming, it's pretty. More like Colorado, less like North Dakota. Side question, do you have a big problem with computers posting notes on your blog or what's with the verification crap you force me to do? Gaaaaa it's soooo difficult!