10.10.2006

The Ghost of Myself

Everybody [in the blog world, so nobody real] is talking about what they did this weekend. I feel like I should join in. After all, it's Tuesday, and the weekend is becoming a distant memory to many of us.

Have any of you heard the song "Our Weekend Starts on Wednesday" by Hey Mercedes? I like the song, but it's pretty standard as far as guitar music goes, and by the time it's over you're mostly thankful that only two minutes have passed, but for once I could identify with it. My weekend started on Wednesday.

I took Thursday, Friday, and yesterday (Monday) off because I hadn't taken a day off in what seemed like years. It was a much needed break, during which I did almost nothing. While other "people" had ragers at apple orchards and ate family dinners and lived their tumultuous lives, I watched movies and slept on the couch. I also went to a wedding, planned a bachelor party, and dropped a grand on some new bling, but that stuff isn't important. The sleeping and movies part was easily the highlight.

And that's why I haven't had an entry in five days. Maybe now that I'm awake, I can start talking about interesting things. Unlikely, but we can always hope. I suggest you start engineering interesting things to happen to me. I've never had a dead pigeon thrown at me from a moving car....

1 comment:

Jes GIlman said...

I bet you've never had your apartment invaded by a viking either.