10.10.2006

In the News

I hear North Korea has nuclear weapons. I find this darkly ironic. Though I find it slightly less ironic when I remember we had a war with them some 50 years ago. Does this mean Iraq will finally have nukes in 50 years? Assuming there's still an Iraq (or an Earth) to speak of at that point, I wouldn't doubt it. If I had a glass of champagne, I would raise it to toast enriched uranium. Cheers.

Apparently there's a study on how women wear more fashionable clothing when they're pregnant. Considering how the vast majority of women at any given time are not pregnant, I don't see how could this could be true. But there's a study. I guess that means I better start shopping at the maternity store. I'm thinking mumu. (Correction: that's fertile women, not pregnant ones. But there's only a small difference, so I'm still getting that mumu.)

And YouTube sold out. I'm surprised Google didn't own it earlier, really. I'm half-expecting Google to travel back in time buy the whole internet. I wonder: How long before Google starts buying the rights to people? Or if not people, meta-people, meaning individual blogs. The bidding on Garbage: Left, Recycling: Right starts at $250,000. That's pretty cheap if you ask me. And it won't be long before I start artificially inflating the value, so better get while the gettin's good.

3 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

I wonder what will happen to video google - will they merge?






qeujv

Anonymous said...

That study is a bunch of crap if you ask me. First of all, the "scientists" conclusions were based off of opinions, the sample size was THIRTY, and their was only one study.

Hey, I put on earings this morning which is not part of my everyday attire I must be ovulating.
I'm actually not....see bunch of crap.

christinesfakeblog said...

Emily! I love your comments. COMMENT MORE!







zromuzt