10.16.2006

Melt

I've been hoarding paper clips almost since the day I started working here. I have a decent number--not enough to completely fill my desk drawer but still far too many for me to ever use, especially since I never use paper clips here.

So I just came up with a plan: whenever I quit this job (please, Lord, soon), I'm going to take all the clips I've amassed and possibly some more and melt them down into a little silver ball. I think I'll throw a party. The Melting Party.

Maybe it'll become an annual event. People can bring whatever they want to melt, and we'll melt it all down in a ball. Or we can do a different shape every year. This'll be bigger than high school reunion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I bring a tuna melt and actually melt it? I think I might want to eat it, though. I always wondered what it would be like to have a sandwich that really did melt.