10.23.2006

It Is Done

I finished writing my book.

It took two years, and now it's done. A complete story spanning 158 single-spaced pages in Word.

I still have to read it over and make some minor adjustments, but the story is done. The book is done.

I remember when I finished my thesis a year ago. It was a very similar feeling. It's like giving birth (minus the physical everything), I imagine. You spend so much time with this thing inside of you, and when it's out, you feel simultaneously like a better, stronger person and like you're missing something.

But the point is it's done.

5 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

Congratulations Ben!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I hope to see it someday.

al said...

Yipps!

Jes GIlman said...

Yeah, once I had a dream that I went to school naked. I had that same feeling.

Anonymous said...

If there aren't any naked chicks in it, I'm not reading it!

(actually I would love to read it if you ever make it available)