10.19.2006

How I Found This Picture of a Cake

Not very appetizing.
As you may have guessed by looking at this picture, I'm very bored today. What you may not know, though, is how I found it. To be honest, I'm not too sure either. I just started clicking on random links through wikipedia. I don't know what I started with, then I got to radioactivity, then something, then something else, then fractions. I probably could have continued and ended up with the Bronx Zoo, but I liked this picture a lot. Mostly cuz it's ugly, and those quarters are uneven.

This gives me an idea for a new game: see how long it takes me to get to the Bronx Zoo from random starting points on wikipedia. We can call it Six Degrees of Bronx Zoo. First try took me almost 20. Went from Nirvana to kilograms to the Cuban Missile Crisis before I finally worked my way to the Bronx Zoo. I wasn't really trying.

What a seriously gross-looking cake, though.

No comments: