11.21.2006

When Stunts Go Bad

Some of you may have been lucky enough to see When Stunts Go Bad and When Stunts Go Bad 2 in your lifetimes. I have. It's a defining experience.

An event I thought worth sharing was Gary Wells' attempt to jump over the fountains at Caesar's Palace in 1980. He crashed into a brick wall (I think), and, along with breaking several bones, separated his aorta from his heart--AND LIVED.

If you ever wonder whether or not you're invincible, I suppose that's the way to find out. If I thought I was invincible, I'd probably try something simple like smashing my hand with a hammer. Aorta separation is good too, but that's probably for the ones who are already pretty sure about their invincibility.

2 comments:

Jes GIlman said...

My soul is invincible, does that count?

Anonymous said...

or melting yourself!

so Ona came over yesterday and we were googling people, and when we googled me the things that came up were a lot of dead people (popular name back in the day), a swim meet I apparently skipped, and your blog. congratulations! it seemed to be in order for some reason. in case people google me, they shall be introduced to the wonder that is unspar.

PS I'll be home soon I can't wait to see you all!