1.11.2007

Freakin' Snowboarding Movies

It has recently been brought to my attention that the "About Me" section of my profile is unoriginal. Some may even say it's plagiarized or "quoted." Apparently, somewhere among the three or four good jokes in the snowboarding/jungle safari epic Out Cold, one character said, "No regrets, that's my motto. Well, that and everybody Wang Chung tonight."

This sucks.

My defense:
First, I only saw Out Cold once, and the only part I remember is when Zach Galifinakis's character passes out and his friends put him in his car and spin it around. As far as I know, there was no comment about Wanging or Chunging.

Second, never would any part of my motto include the phrase "no regrets." It's possible that I do indeed have no regrets, but I would never say that. I would especially not put such a cliche beside the wisdom of Wang Chung.

Third, I do not rip off movies. I rip off 80s music. And the Simpsons. And British movies.

Anyhow, I am retiring my current motto. As of now, my motto is no longer "Everybody Wang Chung tonight." The new motto is, "Surf's up!"

2 comments:

Jes GIlman said...

I totally thought that's where you got it from.

Jes GIlman said...

Deutsch ist die besten Sprache.