1.19.2007

Funny Story

So I went to the park yesterday for a walk, and I saw this guy shoveling the path. I tried to get around him, but I didn't want to get snow on my shoes. So I was stuck.

"Watch it, pal," he said.
"Watch what?"
"The gnomes."

This confused me. "The gnomes?" I asked.
"Why else do you think I'm shoveling? For you?"
"Uh huh."

He stopped his shoveling and turned around. "Think you're better than the gnomes, do ya?"
"I don't know," I said, frightened.
"They could take you down right now if they wanted to."
"What?"
"So you better be happy that they're too drunk," and he returned to his shoveling.

I decided it was best not to continue this conversation, so I turned around and walked back the way I came. I felt a little relieved.

1 comment:

Jes GIlman said...

yeah...there are some crazy people in this city. Ride the 21 line on a Friday night sometime and you'll see what I'm talking aboot.