1.25.2007

An Old Friend

Today I ran into an old ex-girlfriend. It was a little awkward. Here's how it went.

BEN: Oh. Hey, Yaris.
TOYOTA YARIS: Hi.
(awkward pause)
YARIS: So...how've you been?
BEN: I've been all right. How about you?
YARIS: Better. It was a rough couple months at first, but I'm getting my life back together. Are you seeing anybody?
BEN: Yeah, I have a really great girlfriend.
YARIS: Oh. OK.
BEN: Geez, Yaris, don't be like that.
YARIS: I'm sorry. I can't help how I feel.
BEN: Did it not work out with any of your other drivers?
YARIS: Sure, they were all right, but none of them were you.
BEN: I wasn't that great. I did put sugar in your gas tank when we broke up.
YARIS: I still have trouble starting sometimes. It reminds me of you.
BEN: Well, uh, I should get going.
YARIS: We should get together sometime.
BEN: I'd really rather not. I don't have collision insurance.

(For previous Yaris dialogues, click here.)

No comments: