1.17.2007

Guest Post

My former coworker Steve recently brought it to my attention that prospective employers will search the internet for their applicants' blogs in order to discern who would be the better candidate. In the spirit of improved employability, I suggested I start a fake "cover" blog for prospective employers to find for me. This blog will (apparently) be written by Steve. Here is Steve's first post on my fake blog:

"1/17/07 Wednesday: Today was a great day. I came to work an hour early as per usual just to help some of my co-workers clear their work load. Well as I was picking up a bagel for my boss (what a great guy!) I ran into an elderly woman attempting to cross the street. Well... one thing lead to another and the next thing you know I was helping her across the street! Can you beleive it? What a privilege to be alive."


NOTE: I googled my name, and this blog does not show up on the first page of any variation of it. I'm safe...for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it does show up if you google: "Ben Robison" MN or Minnesota.

By the way, that former co-worker Steve is a comic genius. I can't beleive he ever wasted his talent at the place where you work.

Anonymous said...

Ben,

Dick Smalls of Dick Smalls Produce here. I came across your blog in an employer search and couldn't help but notice what a great guy you are. As of right now we at Dick Smalls Produce are not hiring but if you have as much passion for produce as you do for living life we could sure use ya! Let me know buddy.
Dick S.

Anonymous said...

I noticed you took away the "View my complete profile" link on your "real" blog. Smart.

However, if someone sees the "Posted by Unspar" on your "real" blog and then googles "Unspar" this blog is the very first hit.