12.10.2007

All-American Christmas

Yesterday, while my roommates and I (mostly my roommates) tackled a monstrosity of dishes, we listened to a few Christmas tunes on the local radio station. Most of them sounded like late-80s/early-90s pop/R&B, the kind that makes you want to rip out your soul, so I wasn't especially enjoying myself.

One of those songs, though, had the weirdest lyric I'd ever heard: "I love Christmas and you and America." I can't confirm that this is actually what they said in the song, but it was close enough.

The weirdest part, though, was that it sounded like he was listing the things he liked in ascending order. Like he loves Christmas a little, he loves you a little bit more, and he loves America more than anything. He got really excited at the America part. Who can blame him for loving his country? I mean, it is a Christmas song, and isn't that was Christmas is really about?

No.

No comments: