12.07.2007

No Sleep 'til Ever Again

I used to love sleep. I would look forward to every nap opportunity. I would sleep past 10 as often as possible. I would yawn and whine about being tired most hours of the day. Sleeping was one of my favorite things to do.

Those days have passed. Now I can't afford to sleep. I'm too busy. I need that sleeping time to...read. Or watch TV. Wow, that's a lot more pathetic than I expected it to sound. But really, it's not like I'd spend all that extra time learning to be an architect or something. Wouldn't that be weird anyway, to be an architect by night? I mean, I'm weird, by not night-architecting weird.

There are some things that might change my mind about sleep. For instance, if sleep made amputated limbs grow back, then I would be all for it. But here I am, sleeping every day, and every morning I wake up without my left arm. Actually, that just happened this morning, and I have no idea how that happened.

I just did the math--I've spent 8 years of my life sleeping. Do you what I could have done with those 8 years? Neither do I, but I'm sure it would have been awesome! Eight whole years! Man, that sucks! And now I don't have an arm!

No comments: