2.12.2008

The Grapes of Indifference

GUY #1: Hey.
GUY #2: Hey, how's it goin'?
GUY #1: Pretty good, you?
GUY #2: Can't complain.
GUY #1: Why not?
GUY #2: Well, I could, but I don't really want to.
GUY #1: Oh.
GUY #2: How's that goat treatin' you?
GUY #1: Most of the time it's all right. But I had to go to the hospital the other day because it kicked me. Broke a few ribs.
GUY #2: I hear that.
GUY #1: You did?
GUY #2: No, I meant, I know what you mean.
GUY #1: Why, do you have a goat too?
GUY #2: No.
GUY #1: Then you don't really know what I mean, do you?
GUY #2: I guess not, but do I really need to get kicked by a goat to have sympathy for you?
GUY #1: I don't know. It just seems pretty shallow to say you know what I mean about having my ribs broken from getting kicked by a goat when you've never had your ribs broken from getting kicked by a goat.
GUY #2: Do you want me to get kicked by your goat?
GUY #1: Do you want to get kicked by my goat?
GUY #2: Not really.
GUY #1: I guess our friendship isn't that important to you.
GUY #2: Why do you even keep a goat in your office?
Enter Guy #3
GUY #3: Dude, your goat's on fire.
GUY #1: How'd that happen?
GUY #3: Goats just light on fire sometimes.

3 comments:

chris said...

Did you know they make 100% grape juice that isn't Welch's?

Finally.

Unspar! said...

Chris, did I ever tell you that you're my favorite commenter? It's true. You are.

Ted said...

Well I don't think I am even going to try today then.