2.19.2008

My Endorsement

I spent most of my President's Day trying to figure out which presidential candidate I should vote for. To be honest, I've done absolutely no research about the front-running candidates, and I already know that I don't want to vote for any of them. I don't think any of them really have what it takes to run this country for at least four years.

So I looked into the fringe candidates. When I discovered that Allen Iverson was not, in fact, running for president, I found the second-best option. The candidate for me is none other than Christopher Walken. He's no 2001 NBA MVP, but in this apocalyptic political landscape, he'll have to do.

He won an Oscar for The Deer Hunter.  And he was awesome in that Fatboy Slim video.
At first I thought I'd just vote for him as a joke, but the quotes on his website totally change my mind. Check out these Walken gems:

If you want to learn how to build a house, build a house. Don't ask anybody, just build a house. --Christopher Walken

I make movies that nobody will see. I've made movies that I have never seen. --Christopher Walken

I believe in saving money. I believe in having a house. I believe in keeping things clean. I believe in exercising. --Christopher Walken

I too found it hard to believe that these were the quotes he chose to support his campaign. I too thought that this whole Walken for Prez thing was a joke. And if it is a joke, it's a good one, so I don't really care. Good jokes for president!

I'm not kidding.  Well, I'm sort of kidding, but in a way that you should take at least a little seriously.

2 comments:

chris said...

I dunno, the competition has some pretty good (albeit mudslinging) campaign quotes against Walken.

"I killed you in Nick of Time." -Johnny Depp for President 2008

"I killed you in The Stepford Wives remake." -Nicole Kidman for President 2008

"I kissed you in Hairspray." -John Travolta in Drag for President 2008

"I loved you in Kangaroo Jack and Gigli!" -Barack Obama for President 2008

Jes GIlman said...

We talkin about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game. We talkin about practice. We talkin about practice man. Not a game, not the game I go out there and die for. We talkin about practice. What are we talkin about? We talkin about practice. We talkin about practice. We talkin about practice. We ain't talkin about the game, we talkin about practice.