2.26.2008

No Haircuts

When I got to work this morning, I went to the restroom to check myself out in the mirror, as I always do. This morning it looked a little like my head exploded. My hair has once again gotten out of control.

Usually when this time rolls around, I'd get a haircut. But I've been so disappointed with my last several haircut experiences (the one where they cut only one side of my head, the time I went to the shop whose most recent magazine was from 1987, and the time I walked to the place and it was really cold), that I decided I'd try something new. I briefly considered a more professional salon, but I don't like their prices or their sneers. I thought about cutting my own hair, but then I realized that I would suck at it.

So I found myself on the Interweb looking for some alternative haircut options, and I decided that I'm going to sign up for the world's only lemur barber. He lives in Madagascar, and he only does one appointment every year. And it's free! I don't know how long the waiting list is, but I'm willing to wait as long as it takes.

With an advertisement this good, he's gotta be the best barber of all time!
Next time you see me, I may have had my hair cut by this fella.

You know, I don't think I emphasized that whole thing about the lemur barber enough. Allow me to reiterate. I'm going to Madagascar to get my hair cut by a lemur. That's really what this post was about--getting my hair cut by a lemur in his home country. You should really just ignore those first two paragraphs and think about a lemur cutting my hair.

No comments: