1.04.2008

2008: Least Blogworthy Year Ever

Man, I am so disappointed with 2008. Nothing--not one thing--has happened yet. Anybody else notice how all the crazy stuff happened in '07? They even stepped it up a notch at the end, what with the zoo mauling and the Pakistan assassination. Get all the big insane news in before it turns 2008, I bet they were thinking.

Not that I appreciate that a kid got killed by a tiger or that a suicide bomber killed dozens of people and a political lady. I definitely don't want to convey that. My point is that if this stuff happened in '07, a roller coaster of a year. And now that we hit '08, we're in for more of a slow train ride.

For the more skeptical of you, I offer a comparison. 2007 gave us the Patriots' record-breaking undefeated regular season, glowing cats, and I'm pretty sure a Japanese space shuttle. 2008 has given us nothing but a rise in gas prices, probably.

So beware, world: blogs are going to suck this year.

Oh wait, I forgot about the presidential election. But I guess that means blogs are going to suck even more. Boo 2008.

No comments: