1.31.2008

Soup du Voyageur

I wish I was an early 19th-century voyageur. I'd get to float around in a canoe for the majority of the day, wear all kinds of animal skins, eat whatever animals were inside those skins, and make loads of money by taking advantage of the naive Native Americans. What is not to love about that life?

This guy is the perfect example of why there are no voyageurs anymore.
Check out this guy. Now that's a voyageur. Sure, he looks like a gay pirate castoff or something that had been digested by a ninja for a week or two, but...well, there's probably an upside. That musket probably shoots pretty far. And let's not forget about the canoe! That hat is really bad, but the canoe almost balances it out.

But after looking at that picture for a little while, I don't want to be a voyageur anymore. I might even delete this post in a few days that guy is so scary.

Man, if this is any indicator, no wonder French Canada is in really poor shape. If there are any Quebeckians out there, you have my deepest sympathy.

4 comments:

Jes GIlman said...

My guitar came from Quebec

Anonymous said...

"There's no Canada like French Canada"

Anonymous said...

Sais tu, Acadia, j'ai le mal du pays
Ta neige, Acadia, fait des larmes au soleil

Ted said...

I think he said he wishes he was eating a ham sandwich. I kinda wish I was too dave.