1.07.2008

Weekend of a Billion Movies

I saw a lot of movies this weekend. More than usual. Though I doubt you care to hear my opinion about them, I'm going to give it you. You can cry about it as much as you want, but I'm not going to stop.

1. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
The whole time I was watching this movie, I kept trying to think of what that annoying Bryan Adams song was, but I could only think of Meat Loaf's "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)."

2. There Will Be Blood
I have never been more horrified in a movie theater. Whoever thought it would be funny to let a bunch of squirrels loose on us has a really poor sense of humor. Maybe if we were watching The Royal Tenenbaums I would understand, but this was just uncalled for. But Daniel Day Lewis was excellent.

3. Dead Silence
Yes, this is the movie about the ventriloquist's dummy who kills people. Of the something like 10 people I watched it with, only 3 of us stayed awake or didn't leave in the middle. But seriously, a ventriloquist's dummy who kills people? Not a good idea. Now, a movie about a psychic ventriloquist's dummy who runs a horse racing track and solves crime on the side, that I would see!

4. Sweeney Todd
You know what's interesting? People got murdered in every movie I saw this weekend. Maybe Hollywood should try something new. I mean, right now, I can only think of two movies that nobody gets murdered in. Miracle and Casablanca. And I'm actually pretty sure somebody gets murdered in Casablanca. At least this one had singing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I saw The Royal Tenenbaums this weekend.

imjlrw said...

Everything I do... I do it for you