1.11.2008

Blogs Are Useless

Every now and then, America, we have to take a long, hard look in the mirror and discover what is secretly trying to destroy our way of life. And then we have to destroy it. I did the mirror part this morning, and you know what the most glaring blemish was? Blogging.

Let's do a little assessment of blogging. What, aside from ESPN.com's Sports Guy, has blogging ever contributed to our culture? Nothing, unless you count millions of whiny nerds as cultural contribution. I certainly don't.

Look at yourself for a second. What are you doing right now? Reading my blog. You know what else you could be doing? Here are a few options: plant a tree, attend your city council meeting, make some jeans, exhume a corpse or two, or...OK, that's all I have. But clearly, this is the least productive way you could be spending your time.

Also, please don't stop reading my blog.

2 comments:

imjlrw said...

while reading this blog I composed a song

I have a friend and ben is his name
ben ben oh ben ben
he doesnt like touch but I hug him just the same
ben ben oh ben ben
he leads my peeps the MMMP's
He is a knarly guy and the bee's knees
ben ben oh ben ben

He's wrong!
so so worng.
sing along
to my song
my my song

now he is bloging about destroying our lives
we need more blogs and way less strife...
dont be afraid to blog and write
a sword is strong by words have might

ben ben oh ben ben

Fighting Popes said...

"America, in case you don't know what a blogger is, it is someone with a laptop, an axe to grind and their virginity."

-Stephen Colbert