1.30.2008

Warmth, At Last

Most of us here in Minnesota are used to our bitter winters. We may complain about it all the time and blog about it like crazy, but most of the time we can stomach a good 20 or 30 below.

Not me. I need to be warm. And what's the warmest thing there is? Fire.

That's right, I burned our house down.

Nice and toasty.
This isn't our house. I left my camera inside, so I couldn't take a picture. But it looked a little bit like this.

To be honest, this may have been short-sighted and counter-productive. It would have maybe made more sense to only burn down part of the house, like one of the parts we weren't using. Or maybe we could have burned down the neighbors' house and warmed ourselves up around that. It's not arson if it's for a good cause, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh well. Can't turn back time.

Ted said...

I think this is a blessing in disguise. Now you don't have to do the dishes and it was so your turn.