5.20.2008

Broken Showers

I woke up this morning as I usually do, trying to stir up some joy in my heart. And I headed up to the shower as I usually do, expecting a warm and comfortable start to the morning. Unlike usual, though, the shower didn't work. The faucet ran fine, but when I tried to switch it to the shower, it barely showered at all (though the faucet still ran fine).

A friend of mine once said that life blooms in its lack. The lack of sufficient water pressure in my shower this morning should prove that this statement is not true. In such a great lack, there was no bloom at all. I also lacked lunchmeat this morning, which means my sandwich is not blooming either.

Tomorrow I may have no water at all. I may have to wash myself in bleach. We'll see what blooms then, shall we? Assuming I survive, my money's on skin disease.

6 comments:

chris said...

If I had an argument against any of these assertions, it would go here.

Unspar! said...

Just so you know, Chris, this was meant to be an homage to you, albeit in a somewhat antagonistic way. I don't know how to do homages without being heavily sarcastic. Sorry.

Ted said...

I think you should asail your friend with blooms until he recants.

chris said...

Haha I know, Ben! I'm no fool...my response was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek as well, me realizing what you were saying was totally inarguable, kind of like "Blimey, he's right, proper water pressure is an inherent necessity in the enjoyment of life!" Maybe I should have typed that instead...

Unspar! said...

This is why interpersonal communication will always be slightly better than blogging.

Jes GIlman said...

I think I saw a movie called Broken Showers once. I don't remember really anything about the plot, but Bill Murray was in it.