5.12.2008

The End of an Era

No, I am not quitting blogging again.

The era that's ending is the era of me not being able to use my driver's side door. That's right, I now have a new door. I can get in and out through the driver's side. I can roll down my window. I can do all the normal things that drivers do.

Unfortunately, I am so used to getting in and out through my passenger door that I've still used that door more than I've used my new one. Which is precisely what I expected to happen. But hey, now in case my car starts on fire, I'll be able to get out faster, assuming it occurs to me that I'm able to open my driver's door.

Even more insulting is that I get a new door after gas prices are too high for driving to be affordable. I'll probably end up taking the bus everywhere now. And I'll probably end up on the bus with the door that doesn't work and we all have to climb through the windows.

No comments: