5.28.2008

Double Cross

Somewhere in Russia, 40-50 years ago...

JOEY: Good thing we finally escaped from those Commies.
REX: Yeah. I don't know how much longer I could have taken that prison.
JOEY: Do you still have the microfilm?
REX: Sure do.
JOEY: (draws his gun) I'll be taking that.
REX: What?
JOEY: I was a Russian agent all along! Now if you don't mind--
REX: (draws his gun) Actually I do.
JOEY: What?
REX: Drop your gun.
JOEY: (drops his gun)
REX: I knew you were a double agent all along. Now I'll be taking you back to America with the microfilm--
JOEY: (draws another gun) Not so fast.
REX: You have another gun?
JOEY: I knew that you knew I was a double agent, and it was only a matter of time before I turned on you and you turned on me. I was ready to turn on you a second time from the moment we met. Now drop your gun.
REX: (drops his gun)
JOEY:
REX: (immediately draws another gun) Did you think I'd be so stupid to let you get away with double-crossing me a second time?
JOEY: OK, you got me. (drops his gun) But you'll never get--MY ZOMBIE ARMY!
(zombie army emerges from shadows)
REX: Actually, I brought my own zombie army. COME ON OUT, FELLAS!
(nothing happens)
JOEY: HAHAHAHA!
REX: No! I'm doomed! Oh, if only I'd hired two zombie armies!
JOEY: Prepare to be--
REX: No wait--we both hired the same zombie army!
(zombie army looks confused)
JOEY: Really?
REX: We must have. See, here's my receipt.
JOEY: (examines Rex's receipt) Yep, I worked with Grughh too.
REX: Wow, we're really not as different as we thought.
JOEY: I guess not. Can we still be friends?
REX: Only if we're the best.
(Rex and Joey shake hands)
(zombie army converges on the agents, but they disappear in a burst of stardust)
(dragon swoops in and devours the zombies in a single bite, then flies away singing a song about how he wished he was an astronaut who didn't have to eat zombies to survive)

No comments: