5.29.2008

Burrito Betrayal

I will never eat at Qdoba again.

I went there last night, excited to have my first chicken mole burrito in something like six months, only to discover that it's no longer on the menu. My conversation with the Qdoba burrito technician went exactly like this:

ME: (excitedly) I'll have a chicken mole burrito, please!
GUY: (extremely confused) Chicken mole?

So I had a chicken queso burrito instead, which was not nearly as great as it's been talked up to be, and which may have given me salmonella or bird flu. And as disappointing as that was on its own, it was compounded by the fact that I could not have the mole my heart so greatly yearned for.

I once argued with passion that Qdoba was inarguably better than Chipotle. Now that I've been betrayed and my favorite burrito has been stolen, Qdoba has dropped below Chipotle and may even fall below Baja Sol by the end of the week. That's how upset I am.

3 comments:

chris said...

(turns around in slow motion, walks away from his dear friend Unspar, sunset blazing against his back).

Seriously though, that is pretty lame that there's no more mole. I've gotta check the Doba here to make sure...

Anonymous said...

Last time I was at the Dobes, I actually thought of the Mole burrito that you talk endlessly about. I was going to order it but I couldn't find it on the menu. I thought I must've been reading the menu wrong so I ordered something else.

But now I see that it wasn't there at all.

Los Ocampos all the way!

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to be a fan of Moe's (now that I've found one that doesn't mysteriously disappear overnight).

I like that you can get all the salsa you want, and they give you chips. Pure awesome.

But the Qdoba mole was where it was at.