6.09.2006

I Watched The Notebook

Now that I've seen The Notebook, I can say confidently that I don't know what to think about it. It was stupid, and it was good. It was funny, and it was lame. And thinking about it is confusing me. But I did learn a few lessons about true love.

Lesson #1: True love is doin' it in a really dirty condemned plantation house.
Lesson #2: True love is being able to stand that your boy didn't build a porch around the whole house like he promised.
Lesson #3: True love is a dementia freak-out.
Lesson #4: Even a love story needs at least one explosion.

3 comments:

chris said...

speaking of love and truth, will you accompany me to an advance screening of your hero keanu's new romp THE LAKE HOUSE on monday night?

SAY YES.

Unspar! said...

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Was there really an explosion? How did I miss that?

Certainly we had to come up with more "It must be true love if..."s over the course of the evening.

I think I like "True love is dangling from a ferris wheel." It has, from my stand point, a double meaning. Sure, taken in the context of the movie it would just mean that you are exhibiting true love if you hang on for dear life to a support bar on the ferris wheel. But in my brain, it means that somewhere dangling from the ferris wheel, you could find true love. Give you something to think about as Fair time rolls around. Except that I'm pretty sure you would never find true love in the Midway. Ever.