6.06.2006

Reptilian

I almost wish I was cold-blooded. On the one hand, it'd be a pain to have to plan your life around adjusting your body temperature, but on the other hand, it'd be nice to enjoy some time in the sun or in the shade and just chill out for a while. It'd also be a good reason to take a break from work. "Sorry, boss, but I have to go lie out on a rock for a while until my temperature gets back to normal." Or if you want an excuse to get out a social engagement, you could always say, "I'd love to, but I can't go outside until my temperature gets back to normal." Those are just the selfish reasons, though. I'm sure it'd be good for the world as a whole too. If everyone was cold-blooded, they'd have to take some time out from politics and war and stuff, and while they're resting on that rock in the sun, maybe they'd learn that they can solve their problems without violence. It would make life so much simpler.

Man, lizards have it made.

1 comment:

mrs. r said...

That was quite Jack Handy of you, good job! I haven't heard a good "deep thought" in awhile.
Well done.