2.20.2007

Implosion

Christine has nothing to blog about today, and neither do I, but I need to do something to relieve the pressure (or is it non-pressure?) of this horrible work-filled day.

I may have set a personal record for most work done in a single day. I did 7 critical incidents (and there's still an hour lift in the day--this better not be a jinx), and I spent the majority of my free time fretting about those incidents along the other traumas of daily life. It was not a fun day.

Allow me to reflect for a moment: it's hard not to be depressed when everything going on is depressing. It's not like there's no hope, though. Of course there's hope. But please, God, deliver on some of it!

I just got a chocolate-covered almond from a coworker. While I don't much like chocolate, and I'm mostly indifferent to almonds, but this may mean my day is finally on an upswing. Probably not, but at least I can thank God for these little kindnesses that sustain me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

being indifferent to almonds and not a fan of chocolate, I've got to say that chocolate covered almonds are somehow amazing.


Maybe I should blog about this.




hfnngl