2.26.2007

On a High Note

When I started this, I was never sure how my run would come to an end. I sometimes wondered if I would blog for my entire life. Over the past few months, though, it's become clear that that would never happen. While I may always have the stamina for it (27 posts in a single day? YES!), I knew I would not always have the spirit for it. And now the spirit has run dry.

Effective today, I am retired from blogging.

As the confusion sets in, you may ask yourself, "Why? Why would God allow something like this to happen to me?" I feel your pain, and I'm sorry. The simple answer is that this blog inflates my ego and my pride. I do it to draw attention to myself, and that's not what I'm about. I love the praise I've gotten, but I shouldn't. I want all that glory to go to God. While this has been a great creative outlet for me, it's been bad for life I want to live in Christ.

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -Galatians 2:20

I will still read all the blogs I love, and I hold nothing against them. I hope all your blogging (or blog-reading) endeavors will be fulfilled in good heart. God bless us, every one.

6 comments:

j said...

This is a funny post, right? You can't quit - Jon Carlson tried and he got sucked back in. Bloggers forever!

Plus, if you're in the house with Internet in Peru, you have to blog or post to my blog as me. . .

Anonymous said...

I think I speak for Ben when I say that yes, he will gladly blog as you.






spqce (PS - congratulations, Ben)

Jes GIlman said...

I am going to follow your example and quit as well. I also look forward to next year's Ben/Corey Walkers conference.

Nicole said...

Or, you could say you do it to make your friends laugh and the attention we give you is a side-effect of the fact that your blog is entertaining. You're effectively withdrawing the enjoyment that your writing gives to your friends. Could you please keep writing so I can read it, and then I will promist never mention it to you?;)

Unknown said...

Mad respect, braw.

Anonymous said...

So long my friend.