2.02.2007

More on Groundhog Day, part 1

What if groundhogs could raise the dead?

A groundhog necromancer waddles up to the Great Historical Figure Cemetery. He dons his pointy cap with stars (a la "The Sorcerer's Apprentice") and wiggles his hands around in the air at a few graves. He utters some magical-sounding words, and Olympic Gold-Medalist Jesse Owens emerges from the cold ground.

GROUNDHOG: Hey, who are you?
JESSE OWENS: I'm Jesse Owens.
GROUNDHOG: Crap.
JESSE OWENS: Wait a second, wasn't I just dead?
GROUNDHOG: Yes you were. And you're not Batman.
JESSE OWENS: But now I'm alive. How'd that happen?
GROUNDHOG: I'm a groundhog.
JESSE OWENS: Uh huh.
GROUNDHOG: Groundhogs can raise the dead.
JESSE OWENS: No they can't.
GROUNDHOG: Maybe we can't if you're dead, but here we are. You, me, and not Batman.
JESSE OWENS: Who's Batman?
GROUNDHOG: Just the most amazing superhero who's going to beat up everybody who keeps making fun of me.
JESSE OWENS: Do I still have the world record?
Another groundhog walks up with the undead Alexander Hamilton behind him.
GROUNDHOG: Hey, do you know where Batman is?
OTHER GROUNDHOG: No. I was looking for Indiana Jones, but I got stuck with this doofus.
HAMILTON: A penny saved is a penny earned.
OTHER GROUNDHOG: SHUT UP!
FIRST GROUNDHOG: I don't think Indiana Jones is dead, by the way.
OTHER GROUNDHOG: Neither is Batman.
JESSE OWENS: Who's this guy?
HAMILTON: I'm Ben Franklin.
OTHER GROUNDHOG: NO YOU'RE NOT! YOU'RE ALEXANDER HAMILTON!
HAMILTON: Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
OTHER GROUNDHOG: Hey, I'm gonna go beat this guy with a shovel. Wanna come?
FIRST GROUNDHOG: Why not. You have two shovels?
OTHER GROUNDHOG: Yep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everybody wants to be Ben Franklin







ehlkla