2.05.2007

Magnificently Duped: The Party

(This is Part 2 of the story of my surprise birthday party. Here's Part 1 if you need it.)

I was informed ahead of time that the theme of the party was "Coreywalkers: Corey the Magnificent" (for those of you not from my church, that references this year's Faithwalkers conference, and there were a lot of inside jokes about it, so I'm sorry you didn't get them), but it was actually a combination Corey and Ben Walkers. A bunch of good friends of ours gave speeches about us. Jeshurun shaved his head (much earlier in the day, but still), Jordan reinterpreted a series of popular songs about Corey, Lee answered the long-burning question "Was is Corey?", and Joe recited several of my blog posts (and they sound even more bizarre out loud). Corey and I were also asked to give speeches about each other, and my speech on Corey can now be found online.

The rest was great too, but detailing it in blog form wouldn't be that interesting to anybody but me. Normally that wouldn't stop me, but I'm almost 24 now, and I'm a little bit more mature. Some little highlights for myself, in case I would forget some of it: seeing Jimbo again, Lee's "lamest birthday card ever," Nicole laughing like crazy during Lee's interview, and Anthony charading "Hokey Pokey Deathmatch." If you were there, please remind me of the other wonderful moments in the comments.

To all my friends: You're all better than I ever could have hoped for. Thanks for being such wonderful examples of God's love in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Corey Kranz, daughter of Roberto Clemente Kranz and Alberta Canada Kranz"

That almost made me pee my pants





xvzpvimi