4.26.2006

A Day As Long and Glorious As Eternity

Today, for the first time ever in the history of my time at Cigna (and I realize I say that a lot, but excuse what may seem like hyperbole), I worked the entire day. Or almost. 8:30-4:30, so I fell a half hour short. That's still seven hours, though. Pretty impressive, huh?

I had three critical incidents, all of which took forever. I made at least 20 calls on each case, left tons of messages, and still dealt primarily with refusals all day. I struck out--meaning I couldn't find someone--on my first case ever today. To say the least, it was trying.

Let me tell ya, if it wasn't for prayer, grace, God, etc., this day would have been unbearable. This morning I was reminded about how suffering produces endurance, and now I know how. Suffering doesn't produce endurance because it wears on us but because we struggle against it and defeat it. Granted, this was just a struggle to finish a meaningless task, but it taught me that suffering passively is pointless. I need to engage in it if I want to go anywhere.

For those of you who prefer funspar...
Coming Soon: More Conversations with Yaris!
Unspar: Will you marry me, Yaris?
Yaris: I was just going to ask you the same question!

What will they come up with next?

No comments: