4.27.2006

The Food of Love

I'm tired of rock music. It no longer thrills me. So today on the drive to work I listened to classical. In case you didn't know it, Beethoven rules. Actually, he rulz. I mean RULZ. And so you know I'm not a total poseur ("I like classical because I like Beethoven, blah blah blah"), I'm planning on listening to Rimsky-Korsakov on the way home.

A note for those of you who want to buy me things for no reason: buy me some Debussy.

An observation made while listening to classical music: I find it ironic that the most beautiful music is made (for the most part) by Germans and Russians. And if you're sensitive to cultural stereotypes, translate "ironic" as "interesting."

4 comments:

Jes GIlman said...

You are right Ben! Classical music rocks! And it's difficult to play.

By the way, I am now updating my blog regularily again. I'll also purposly put a bunch of speling misteaks in so you have something to do, by proofreading my entries.

Jes GIlman said...

Missed the German part in there. Maybe sometime I'll play you a few of the Klangbild's (Sound picture for those who spricht keine Deutsch) they are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I guess since you're sick of rock music, you must be getting really into Coldplay.


Financial Panther

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with classical music since I have not gotten sick of rock...

I had no idea what a Yaris was until just now when I saw my first commercial for one.

Actually, after having seen the commercial, I still don't know what it is.