4.17.2006

Homeless

I know there are a few of you readers of my blog who were out on the homeless outreach yesterday, and I know there are a few of you who weren't. For all of you, I just discovered the site with Wounded Shield's art. It's pretty cool.

Wounded Shield, also called Dennis, I think, is a homeless Native American. I met him yesterday, and I think some people met him before. He's a great guy, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again. I'm really worried about his drinking, though; when I asked him why he gets drunk, he said it's better than jumping off a bridge. He later told us he wouldn't do that because he was happy to know that people cared about him, but still. So if any of you are prayer-inclined, please pray for him.

3 comments:

Unspar! said...

Yeah, I checked that out, and that's how I found this one. The guy who runs both of those also has another blog called "No Permament Address" about the Minnesota homeless community. Or kind of about it. It's got some good stories. Check out the links bar; it's over there.

Anonymous said...

I think I remember that guy from the shelter at Simpson Methodist? How many homeless Native American artists can there be in Mpls...

Anonymous said...

Although my uncle may be a drunk and homeless sometimes, keep a lookout for his art. It's very inspirational.