4.06.2006

A Fun Thing

I stole this from Nicole, and since I'm bored at work and it was particularly fun (fun, not funny), I filled it out. And now you're about to read it.

1) My uncle once: accidentally sprayed whipped cream in my face when I was little. Made me hate whipped cream for a really long time.
2) Never again in my life: will I try to think of a serious answer to this question. But even that I can’t promise.
3) When I was five: my brother was two.
4) High School: is actually something that I can feel nostalgic about without feeling paranoid or surreal.
5) I will never forget: nothing because it’s very likely there’s nothing I’ll be able to remember forever.
6) I once met: Davey von Bohelen.
7) There's this girl I know who: put soap something in the John Deere fountain to see if it would overflow. Three times.
8) Once, at a bar: a whole bunch of friends and I sang “What’s Goin’ On?” by Marvin Gaye. Not karaoke. Best bar experience ever.
9) By noon I'm usually: hungry and wishing I didn’t work here.
10) Last night I: saw Mates of State with Maria Taylor and Hockey Night.
11) If I had only: called that girl Stephanie who talked to me on the Greyhound that night back to Madison after Sara and I broke up. If I have any regret, that’s it. Though it probably wouldn’t have gone anywhere anyway.
12) Next time I go to church, I will: not wear a jacket.
14) What worries me most: is anything I pay close attention to for a prolonged period of time, especially what I’m going to do once I quit office jobs forever.
15) When I turn my head right, I see: a set of those stackable inboxes and my Cigna nalgene bottle.
16) When I turn my head left, I see: another set of those stackable inboxes and my coworker Steve.
17) You know I'm lying when: I admit that I’m lying. Otherwise, it’s only kind of obvious.
18) You know what I miss most about the eighties: The lead singers of awesome bands still being alive (I’m talking to you, INXS, Joy Division, and Nirvana).
19) If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I'd be: Hamlet. Not for the shameless primadonna show and everything but for the questionable sanity. No, let me take that back. I’ll say Mercutio.
20) By this time, next year: I will have finished writing my book and feel more aimless than ever.
21) A better name for me would be: Luis.
22) I have a hard time understanding: why anyone would think margarine is better than real butter.
23) If I ever go back to school I'll: no longer live anywhere near this part of the country.
24) You know I like you if: I avoid you completely. Wait, that’s not right.
25) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: Michael Jordan.
26) Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferarara....are: names of the new models in Ford’s 2007 line of automobiles.
27) Take my advice, never: step in a pile of cow poo. It’s overrated.
28) My ideal breakfast is: a cinammon raisin bagel. Maybe with cream cheese.
29) A song I love but do not have is: “Senor Burns” by Tito Puente.
30) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: you go to a neighboring town if you want to do anything fun.
31) Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars are: gangs I hung out with in my youth.
32) Why won't anyone: give me a high five right now?
33) If you spend the night at my house: you win a free pizza.
34) I'd stop my wedding for: an elephant. Or a rhino.
35) The world could do without: Australia.
36) I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: lick the belly of an uglier cockroach.
37) My favorite blonde is: Sara Daly.
38) Paperclips are more useful than: fingernail clippings.
39) San Diego means: Saint Diego. I’m sure I’m not the first person to say that, but I can rarely resist an opportunity to be literal and not funny.
40) And by the way: the MOON rulz.

6 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

There were several things in this that made me laugh out loud...but a couple things of note:

The first thing that made me laugh hard was your answer to number 9...nothing like your constand and utter hatred for your job to crack me up!

The second thing is pertaining to number 29. I have it. Do you want it?

Unspar! said...

Yes I do. I only have the chorus memorized; I need to learn the rest.

Anonymous said...

I think I learned once that San doesn't mean saint. It was in my latin american geography class. I think it means holy. Of course, I can't find anything online to back this up, so it may be wrong. I feel like it could really mean holy, but the tell us gringos that it's saint (which is similar, but somehow different) because of the cognate aspect.

This comment was completely pointless.

Unspar! said...

I think it literally means holy, but I think its contextual meaning is saint. Because the Holy Bible in Spanish is called Santa Biblia. But this is all just a guess.

christinesfakeblog said...

I think Saint and Holy kind of mean the same thing. We probably stole Saint from the Spanish word Santo or San to make a brand spankin new English word. But in spanish, those two things could very well mean the same thing.

This is also completely a guess

Nicole said...

San means Saint. Santo/a means holy, saintly, miraculous, or damn...depending on your tone, I guess;)