4.18.2006

In Trying to Get Free, They Learned They Were Free All Along

I'm back to working on the bank robberies and deaths. That's right, it's business as usual. It sucks. In the past two days, we've done nearly 20 incidents. That's more than a lot. On one hand, it's nice to be busy; on another less idiotic hand, I miss doing nothing.

I bemoan my constant dissatisfaction. I hate taking messages because it's demeaning, but I hate doing anything else because it's work. I also hate hating. If I hate my hate, do I cease to exist? Nonexistence would be the easy solution, but alas, I probably wouldn't go for it. It's too convenient.

Really it's not that bad. Critical incident work is more enjoyable, and it makes me feel like I have more energy, and those are things I can appreciate. But it's hard to phrase my contentment in a witty way, so complaining is more fun.

No comments: