4.07.2006

The Robots Are Clones, Part 2

My job took another step closer to becoming Initech today. They put up a banner. This banner reads, "There is no such thing as a misdirected call."

This is part of the "No misdirected call" campaign, which is one of the stupidest things I've ever encountered. The campaign requires that we transfer every call to where it's supposed to go, which, aside from being common sense, we've already been doing forever.

But the thing that really gets me about this sign is that it is factually incorrect. There is indeed such a thing as a misdirected call. If someone calls us with a question about their bank account (happens often), they have not reached the right place. Their call is misdirected. It is a misdirected call.

I'm now expecting this campaign to replace the term "misdirected call" with some new moronic buzzword. Once that happens, I'm out the window.

No comments: