4.23.2006

Should I Really Be Doing This on a Sunday?

Just now--even as I write this, perhaps--I was reading quotes from the popular film The Notebook. We'll get to the implications of that in a second, but first I wanna talk about the profound life lessons this movie apparently has to offer.

Lesson #1: Life is funny sometimes.
Lesson #2: Love is awesome.
Lesson #3: Love letters, however, are stupid.
Lesson #4: Girls can't make decisions.

There's nothing like a love story to make me think love stories are dumb. Maybe someday I'll fall in love and learn the real lesson. But for now, sarcasm.

Utlimately, though, I'm a sucker. I'm a two dollar sucker to the core. That's why I'm going to say the thing that you're about to read. I've been thinking it for a while, so I'll just come out with it: I want to see this movie.

7 comments:

Jes GIlman said...

I hate girls. They're evil. Girls = evil, and since girls = evil, we can also conclude that love = evil.

christinesfakeblog said...

Hey Jess, your candor is appreciated - however you are 100% wrong. Genesis 2:18 disproves your first point, and 1 Corinthians 13 disproves your second.

Hey Ben, I'm sorry to say this, but I liked it, and recommend it. At first I was like "eh, I cried, but it was definitely forgettable." Then 3 months later, I hadn't forgotten it yet, so I concluded it was an okay movie.

Unspar! said...

Christine, do you own it? If so...can I borrow it? And if so...will anyone watch it with me so I don't feel like a loser?

christinesfakeblog said...

I do not own it, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find someone who did.

I wouldn't watch it with you though, that would just be strange. Ask Will.

Unspar! said...

I don't expect to be able to watch it with a girl because it would most likely be strange. I also don't expect to be able to watch it with a guy or a group of guys because that would probably be stranger. I think the only solution is a large coed group, and it would be almost impossible to put that together.

Anonymous said...

I read the book last summer. Personally, I don't see the attraction to it. That said, there are two reasons I may not be right. One: I haven't seen the movie and therefore could not experience the hot half naked man meat (really, that's why most women watch these things). Two: I, too, find it impossible to be less than sarcastic toward love stories.

I will admit, though, after reading the book I wanted to see the movie. If you find a coed group, I'll be game. Or, heck, if you can't find a coed group, we could just watch it together and discuss our cynical views of love stories.

I find it strange that the security letters are benzr. If only your middle name were Zed or Zephaniah or something.

Anonymous said...

awww I totally cried balls at the end of that movie, but I'd do it again. I think a large group would be worse because you'd just laugh the whole time to prevent the awkwardness from seeping in, but screw it. Just get over the awkwardness from the get go and you might yet have a chance.

PS what is this problem with watching it with another man? boo! it's probably the best if you get over your lust for each other and focus on the heteroness of the movie. not like it's brokeback mt, that might be weird.