8.01.2006

Adventures in Outer Space

The Diaries of Spaceman Ben

August 1, 2006

It's pretty cold in space. A lot of people don't know that, I think. That's why all those astronauts wear those big suits. They keep you warm. The space game is pretty tough to get right, but at least they nailed the warmth thing. I probably would have just installed a car heater, but that's why I'm not a rocket scientist.

And the food up here is pretty awful. They just gave us a couple vats of Tang and like a year's supply of wafer cookies. I'd give practically anything for a freeze-dried steak right now. Or some tacos. What other foods can you eat in zero gravity? Venison?

The space octopus dropped by again last night. I'm grateful for the company, but he's starting to get on my nerves. He always complains about his space octopus kids, how they always leave their roller skates out or keep stealing his keys. Last night he went on and on about how they wouldn't take a bath. OK, space octopus, I get it, but I'm trying to watch the Super Bowl. Good thing he sucks at checkers or I wouldn't be able to tolerate him at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you're into outer space today. interesting.

Unspar! said...

My comment on your journal inspired me to write a post about it.