8.29.2006

A New Way

As wasting time at work has become increasingly challenging, I must find new ways to meet that challenge. Thankfully, as yesterday was the 43rd anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, I discovered an amazing section of Wikipedia: The List of Great Speeches. It is now my personal goal to read every one of these.

So far, I only read "I have a dream" and Winston Churchill's "We shall fight on the beaches," but wow. These guys knew how to say something. Words that still inpsire to this day impress me greatly, and both these speeches stir me up like that. Even Churchill's, which is so deeply rooted in wartime, rings true now.

"We shall never surrender." You got that right, Churchy.

1 comment:

al said...

I want to read every speech in order!








rhfaqd