8.25.2006

Short People

I am not a tall person. I would describe myself as "average height." Maybe that's why I'm fascinated by short people (and concurrently wishing I was a little bit taller).

I speak not of midgets. Midgets are boring. (I'm sure they're great people, but this entry isn't about what people are like. It's about how tall they are.) Everybody talks about midgets. Big freaking deal. So you're three feet tall. I used to be three feet tall. I've been there. It's not that great.

I'm more interested in the 4'11" to 5'5" range. I don't know why. Can't explain it. Maybe it's an artistic obsession. Yeah, I think that's what I'll call it.

This post was inspired by someone questioning my awe over Matt Pryor's shortness. I responded to her accusations saying a bunch of stuff that included, "I love short people more than regular people." That was out of line, and I apologize. I love them both equally.

2 comments:

mrs. r said...

man. I'm 5'6", just outside the range of interest. bummer!

Anonymous said...

my roommate tried to convince me yesterday that Napoleon was not actually short. He was 5'3" which is apparently not abnormally short for the time/place, but I don't know, it's still pretty short in my book. Shorter than me at least, so that's short. Plus she's an even 5' I'd guess, so she's probably just defensive.