8.09.2006

What the Human Body Means to Me

I went to that Body Worlds exhibit at the Science Museum last night. First of all let me say that science is useless. And now on with the story.

The exhibit was almost entirely boring. You see a lot of organs. Big deal. I can see organs in my 7th grade health textbook. And I would have gotten a better view in the textbook because I wouldn't be edged out and pushed around by the biggest, most obnoxious crowd ever.

There are also standing bodies in bizarre poses, and that was just confusing. One guy was in a running pose with all his muscles strung out off the skeleton in every direction. As far as I know, that never happens. There was also a body called "The Goalkeeper" who was posed in a sideways dive with a soccer ball in one hand and all his internal organs in the other. What's with that?

I won't say anything that I seriously thought about it, other than I was seriously indifferent and seriously unenlightened. And at the end we went to a gift shop, and I bought a shirt that said "Give a hoot, Don't pollute" because I like to rhyme.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are not friends anymore.

Anonymous said...

I like Emily. Ben, what can I say...