8.25.2006

The Recap of the Future

This weekend is going to be a busy weekend. I've got a dual birthday celebration on Saturday, then some time with the homeless followed by a black tie Emmy party on Sunday. I'm worried that I won't have time to blog about it, but because I'm sure you'd all love to hear the story, I'm going to blog about it now (before any of it happens).

On Saturday we went to Valleyfair for Christine's golden birthday. I insisted that we spend the entire day riding the antique cars, but I refused to drive them. I just sat in the back telling people where to turn and that they should try to get off the track. So we only rode them twice (weak). Then we rode the Corkscrew and I got sick so I went home.

Around 4:30 a bunch of guys came over to my house for Jess's birthday. We spent most of the evening playing shoot-em-up video games while listening to classical music, a juxtaposition I always wanted to experiment with but never got around to (because I've been too busy with the ant farms). We ordered like seven pizzas, and we didn't eat five of them, so we had a food fight with the remaining slices. It was all great until somebody slipped and broke the coffee table. We spent the rest of the night rebuilding the coffee table.

The afternoon before the Emmy party I went out to rent a tux (big mistake). Turns out you're supposed to go in for the fitting like a week before you need it. I threw a little fit, and while they were distracted I nabbed one of the display mannequins and ran. The cops were busy talking to the girl at the pretzel shop, so I got away clean. Unfortunately, the tux didn't fit, but the mannequin made for a good party decoration.

And then I went to sleep and dreamt of the sugarplum fairies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I also have played classical music while playing a shoot-em-up game. I think it was Rachmaninoff while playing Counterstrike. And I still don't get tired of it.

2. Next time you have five extra pizzas, you should stop by my apartment with them!

3. Are you serious about the mannequin thing?

-LQ




qlncmzhg (that's a long one!)

Unspar! said...

None of this was serious because none of it was happened yet. But oh man do I wish I was serious.

christinesfakeblog said...

So far only me and you can go to valleyfair ben. We've got some major convincing to do if we want to ride those antique cars.


Jess' party was at your house? So we definitely had a time deadline!



bvebomw

al said...

Whew! That was fun.






avqeqmks

Anonymous said...

Haha, I guess it never sank in that Saturday or Sunday hadn't happened yet. That's 100 dumb points for me.

-LQ