7.10.2006

Exhaustion

This morning I woke up and I could hardly move. My arms--both of them--were completely sore from tubing two days earlier. My back was completely sore for some unfathomable reason. Probably because I slept on a comfortable bed after sleeping on the floor for two days. Then I get to work only to find out that I have to work harder than ever before for the entire day. I did the math with a coworker, and we fiugred we had the equivalent of 5 people doing the work that 15 people are supposed to do. So I answered calls all day. It went something like this:

"Cigna Behavioral Health EAP message center, this is Ben, how can I help you? ... Well, actually I'm just the message center right now, so I can take your information and have someone call you back in less than an hour."

I said that nearly 50 times, perhaps more.


It's funny how that kind of stuff messes with my mind. It seems that I'm only inanely funny when nothing's going on. When days like this happen, I'm stuck in stupid reality. So here's what's going on in reality.

1. Just got back from Will's cabin in the mediocre state of South Dakota. The trip, unlike the state, was awesome. I got to experience Will gyrating, I got to hear "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" sung louder than I thought songs could be sung, and I got to partake in my first frisbee session in months. Some other great stuff happened too, but it's more important and serious, so you probably won't hear about it til I hit Retirement Town.

2. I have my Peace Corps interview tomorrow. If you don't have anything to pray for, you could pray for that. I'm not too nervous, but I'm worried that I will be nervous, and that's making me nervous. Dead serious. At least I took the day off for it and won't have to deal with answering calls.

It kinda sucks that real life has only two plot points. But I guess it's better than having too many.

2 comments:

al said...

Hooray for the Corp de Peace! Gooooooooo Ben! (that "go" should be said starting in a low tone and gradually rising, until you get to "Ben," which should be the highest note.)



kubqy

I forgive you for your comments about one of the pieces of our fine nation. These colors don't run!!

Anonymous said...

I'm bored enough today to read blogs. and im glad i did so that i could remember to pray for your PC interview. but i don't remember my username or password, so I will just sign...

Sarah Anne