7.27.2006

You Had Me at Hello, Wisconsin

Yesterday (and possibly the day before since I check my mail so infrequently) I received two letters from Wisconsin, and my love for the state and the university has grown a few feet taller. First, I opened a thank you note from the UW Foundation that thanked me for my $50 gift to the university. They also gave me a Bucky luggage tag as a token of their appreciation. I have no need for a luggage tag, but I have a great need for anything containing the image of Bucky, so after a moment of hesitation, I fell in love with the tag.

My second letter came from the Wisconsin Union, once again requesting I purchase a lifetime membership. It gave a top ten list of reasons to join the Union, and you could tell that they couldn't really come up with more than two or three, and the only one that matters is the terrace. But then I read one of the lower reasons. It said something like, "You love the Union. Admit it." That floored me. You're right, Union. I do love the Union. So I'm sending in my check for lifetime membership.

You win, Wisconsin.

No comments: