7.14.2006

My Favorite Phil Collins Experience

Some of you might read that subject line and wonder if I've had enough Phil Collins experiences to have a favorite one. Let me tell ya, I've had plenty. Too many to count, but not enough to wanna shoot myself.

I was walking down my apartment hallway after work, and I overheard a conversation in apartment 3. Apartment 3 is home to my rapper neighbor. He's a really nice guy, and he's got a pretty good flow. But this time, instead of hearing that flow, I heard a discussion of the merits of Phil Collins. A visitor said that Phil Collins was terrible, and my neighbor named a couple good Phil Collins songs to prove that Phil Collins is, in fact, the bomb. I wish I could remember those songs named because neither of them were "In the Air Tonight" or "Salisbury Hill," and neither of those songs prove anything about Phil Collins aside from the fact that he is lame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very odd that my sister and I were talking about how much I don't like Phil Collins today, except that I do like Salisbury Hill... Probably only because it's in a commercial.

Anonymous said...

No, wait, we were talking about Peter Gabriel, because that's who sang Salisbury Hill... But when you think about it, aren't they really just the same person anyway?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see someone already pointed out that Solsbury Hill was by Peter Gabriel, not Phil Collins. I hate Phil Collins, and I hate Genesis. I hate Peter Gabriel when he was in Genesis, but as solo artist he's pretty good.


Also, I saw Aimee Mann a few weeks ago, and she introduced "Save Me" as "the song that lost the oscar to Phil Collins animated monkey love song ["You'll Be In My Heart"]"

So if nothing else, hate Phil Collins because his schlocky song beat out not one but two better songs for the Oscar:

"Save Me," from Magnolia, and "Blame Canada," from the South Park movie.


Sincerely,


Financial Panther