7.25.2006

The Longest Punking of All Time

A couple months ago, my coworker Steve changed the color of his emails to teal. Everything he sent showed up in my inbox as teal. Today I just found out that this was a long-running practical joke on yours truly.

Apparently, Steve snuck onto my computer while I was away and changed the color of messages I receive from him. For the longest time, I thought everybody received in teal. But it was just me.

I found out because I tried to change the color of the messages I sent. I sent a message to Steve entitled "Color me Badd," and to add to the embarrassment of that subject line, it turned out I was neither colored nor badd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, can I have your old facebook profile? I have an idea for the most brilliant facebook character ever.

-LQ

Unspar! said...

1. Tell me your idea.
2. I don't know if it would work because I've seen people change their names and stuff before, and it gets really funky. Maybe worth a try though.
3. At the very least, you can have Rocky's old profile. Assuming they don't send the emails to the wisc address.

Anonymous said...

My foot. That's what it is. I don't know, maybe it's a terrible idea. But I am of the opinion that it's so terrible that it's hilarious.

-LQ