7.31.2006

I Give Up

Things and people other than myself who won this weekend:

Air conditioning
I finally caved on my resolution to not use air conditioning for the entire summer. It was just too hot this weekend. A man should not sweat in his own home, I think, so I decided that I'd be better off with the air conditioning, even if that means more than doubling my electric bill. It may have been too late, though; my brain already feels a little fried.

Christine
Christine beat me and Anna Leisa at Star Wars Monopoly. The game probably would have gone til 5 AM if I hadn't sold her all my property for like $1000, but she would have won anyway. It was a pretty good game for reasons I can't recall.

Frozen Custard
Not like I've been boycotting Liberty Frozen Custard, but this week marked the first visit I made there in the eight months I've lived down the block. It was good, not great, but I prefer frozen custard to ice cream, so it's cool.

My Cousin Miles and My Uncle Gerry
I played Mafia with my family this weekend. It was pretty great and a little surreal, what with the old people. Miles was the mafia nearly every single round, and the round he got teamed with Gerry, they took me out right away. Apparently I talk too much.

The Detroit Tigers
Those first two games really pissed me off. In the first one, you get Liriano pitching one of the best games ever--12 strikeouts in 8 innings? holy crap--only to have Rincon allow a winning run for the Tigers in the 10th, and in the second game stupid Kyle Lohse allows 2 runs like usual that debatably lost the game. Why the Twins keep this guy on the team I'll never understand. At least we won game 3, though it makes no sense how that happened.

3 comments:

al said...

Ben, why would you lie? You sold her the property for 1000 fours, not $s.




izklqc

mrs. r said...

well, here's an answer to at least part of your Twins woes:

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_212111723.html

Anonymous said...

Speaking of sweating in your own home, I was forced to put freezer packs into plastic bags and place them next to me in order for me to be comfortable enough to sleep.

I need to move to Siberia.